Friday, October 19, 2012

What I'm Listening To...

At the moment the sun is shining and I can hear the crickets chirping.
Miss L is asleep and I get some time to blog as Miss A is having therapy. We have a new speech therapist here today and I am listening to them talk while scrolling through Facebook.
I don't get involved as it works better with just the two.
At the moment she is forgetting to bring her lips together. Everything sounds a bit lispy.
Words like begetables, seff, oclop, fwends.
I don't know if it's because she is concentrating on their game but her pronunciation is really poor. The speech therapist said the same thing her enunciation isn't very good.
One of the things that is affected by her cerebral palsy is her facial muscles.
Her jaw muscles are relaxed and looser than normal.
Her sensation is low across her face particularly around the mouth.
When in a relaxed pose her jaw is slightly open. Her mouth gets dry often as she very rarely has it closed.
When she eats she doesn't fell the dirt around her mouth. She often misses and will have food all around her mouth as the connection from hand to mouth is a tricky one.
For now her therapist isn't correcting her too much as he wants to listen first and get an idea of what she can do.
So I will keep listening and enjoy for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment