Sunday, July 15, 2012

Making Time

Today was a busy day, trying to cram everything in. After Miss A had a meltdown at the shops I needed some time out. Poor J was with us and I have to keep telling him don't talk to Mummy while she is screaming I can't hear you. Often A will try and lash out and kick him too, hard when they are locked into their car seats. So we got home and I decided to take J and Flashy (our foster greyhound) to the park. It is hard work getting time alone together since he is at school full time. We took the dog around 4pm and walked to the park. Everyone thinks greyhounds like running and are fast but they are sprinters who then like to sleep for the rest of time. So we didn't walk far and J started playing on the equipment. It felt so strange to focus on him alone, to walk around with the dog. I didn't have to have my eyes on him all the time and he was happy for me to walk the dog around as long as he could see me. J doesn't run away and unlike A he feels more comfortable if he can see me or still shout out to me. We then went on a bit of a nature walk as the lake is nearby. We talked about snakes, fangs and how they can kill you. Then he asks me if I know how monsters kill? Lol. Trying to keep a straight face and answer than one. I laughed having a one on one conversation with hike while having no distractions. By this time poor Flashy was getting tired and it was time to go home. I had laughed more in that hour than in the past few days. I had promised myself this holidays I would have more time for J. We went to the movies alone for the first time this week and I have really enjoyed it. Making time for each and everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment