Monday, June 17, 2013

My Little Houdini

I thought Miss A was nimble with her hypermobile joints but it seems Miss L is going to overtake her. In the last 2 weeks she has managed to undress herself naked....she got out of a grobag by putting her legs through the armholes. She then wiggled out of a Bonds easysuit- those tricky ones that have the elastic at the back?! Then she undid her nappy and ran around her cot naked. That was annoying enough but we are working on keeping her clothes on.

 The last week though has been my test. She is still rear facing in a capsule in the car and twice this week she has managed to get her arms out of the straps and try to twist around and see me. Lucky I had Mr J in the car right next to her and he wiggled her arms back in. So then I pulled the straps so tight I couldn't even get a finger underneath! Then today after I dropped the kids at school she did it again. Even with a jumper on she got her arms out and turned right around so only her legs were in the seat and she starts talking to me@!!

                                      Freaking heart in the mouth moment.

Miss was really bad around age 2-3 so I even made up a chest clip to help keep her arms in but she would just sit in the seat. At this rate Miss L will be walking around in the car.
Over the years I have researched some really great products to help kids stay in their seats and it looks like Miss L will be needing one. I want her to stay in the capsule so I will try a chest clip I made for A and see how that works. It looks like this:
 
 
In the meantime I will be keeping a very close eye on her and looking at putting her into a forward facing seat.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment