Saturday, March 30, 2013

DIY Disaster?

It's been a busy fortnight...Andrew and I have been taking action and doing things around the house. So unlike us ;)
We moved our study and turned it into a wardrobe. I love having the extra space and importantly my shoes are out of reach from child and dog. We didn't want anything permanent or expensive so it was just hanging rails and a big shoe rack. We decided it on the Saturday night and by Sunday it was half finished. In our walk in robe we put a small desk for the laptop and filing cabinet. It's small but cosy and it means I can do things in peace. We made a homework space for the kids as well. This weekend with 5 days to get things done we kept it going. I wanted a shelf in the laundry so another trip to Bunnings and we came home to finish. I was putting the shoe rack together when I heard Andew shout out- he had drilled through a water pipe!
The panic and the laughter. Lucky a plumber came out in an hour and told us it wasn't unusual. Pipes don't go straight up and down anymore...plumber put them where they please. Great- we know that now! So we had a chat while he finished and I asked him about our leaking shower, as you do. So when he left we replaced the dripping tap in our bathroom just in time. Miss L came in covered in sand and nude. Apparently nappies are not needed when playing in the sand.
So the blog has been quiet while we are being proactive- so unlike us!







No comments:

Post a Comment