Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Miss A!

Tomorrow Miss A will turn 4!
Her story is way too long to write in one blog post but needless to say it's been a long winding road to get here.

Today we went to the zoo and after I heard myself say for the 50th time "Good Listening" I realised we were having a good day. Yes she did run off a few times or get excited but she stopped when I counted and then came back without a hassle.

I saw her playing happily with other kids without biting or hitting- both past problems.

She ate lunch without a huge mess on the floor. We still have small messes on our face due to her CP she can't feel the dirt and food.

She talked about the animals and engaged other adults in conversation.

She didn't run in front of cars.

She didn't have a fit about going to the toilet- she just didn't go, though.

She knew the names of quite a few animals.

When we were driving home I thought wow not one meltdown, I didn't lose my cool, I wasn't stressed and I had managed to enjoy myself.

So to my first baby girl:
You have taken us on an amazing journey. I have learnt so much from you being here. You make your brother and sister laugh and everyday you bring joy to my heart.

Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment