Friday, June 22, 2012

To the OMG ladies....

Over the last 6 months or more a small group of Mums have been my lifeline.....
A more supportive group of women I have yet to meet.
After leaving L's Mothers Group as we were so busy (not one Mum asked us to stay :( ) I have relied on these Mums more and more.
For advice, cheering up and a good vent.
When L was in hospital I spent many hours on my own with just the iPhone and the Internet for company. I shared photos of our stay and kept them updated. A few days later a surprise arrived. A complete stranger turned up at the hospital with this:

Jess delivered the most amazing things- feelings of love, support and appreciation.
My husband and I had just spoken to the group of Doctors about the weeks stay ahead and this lovely lady waited patiently outside with her surprise. This group of ladies had collected money behind the scenes and sent Jess out to buy a selection of goodies. Some gorgeous clothes and accessories for L, magazines and chocolates and bits for me.
It shocked both of us. Hubby has heard of these women from me, but we both found it hard to believe that the support given online was reaching into our everyday lives. We hadn't had any visitors (in fact only one of my friends came) and yet these women thought of a way to make us feel like we were in their thoughts.
For the next week as L slept under her new blanket and looked at her smiley balloon I felt a wave of warmth.
Later in that week a good friend ended our friendship while we were still in the hospital and it was these women who got me through. Though we may never meet they have helped me more than I can express.

To this day I value what we do for each other as a group. I love sharing stories with them, offering advice and discussing shopping!

So this a post for them, they know who they are and now they know what they mean to me.

______________________________________________________________________________

Waiting for our MRI. Very tired Mummy and her normal I don't smile face.


Thanks for lovely blanket all the nurses commented on it.


                                                                  Home again....


1 comment: