Saturday, June 23, 2012

Time Out.....for Dad ;)

I find it funny that since becoming parents we go out more separately, than as a couple. It is so much easier to go out without your partner but not as much fun!
Today my husband is catching up with friends and has been talking about it all week. The difference between him going out and me going out is like water and oil.
We had Auskick this morning at 8am- in the freezing cold! We got home at 12pm and he said you go have a break I've got this.
The last 2 weeks have been hellish, but that's another post, so it felt nice to have a break. The 3 kids were supposed to be asleep and resting so he could do his jobs....that, right there. Why do the kids have to be asleep? Do I not clean the house and get things done with them at my feet?
He was going to vacuum, mop and put the clothes away.
I was in our room with the electric blanket on, the heater on and I started party planning for Miss A's 4th birthday.
When I came out just before 5 the big kids were outside and Daddy and Miss L were watching the footy. How Miss L managed to sit next to him with the cheering and screaming I don't know?
The floor was vacuumed and the dishes done.... he said the kids were under his feet and then the footy started at 2pm so he ran out of time??!!
A few minutes after the game finished he said goodbye to everyone and went out the door.
It was 5:30pm no dinner was done, Miss L was in my arm having milk, needing a nappy change and pyjamas and the 2 big kids were playing in the garden.....fun night ahead.

Now when Mummy gets out I book the date a few weeks ahead and write it on the calender to hubby knows. I make the time to meet around 7:30pm even if it's dinner.
I make sure the kids have dinner and that I'm there for it. I leave getting dressed and ready until the last minute (making sure no little hands touch me before I leave!) and often I have 2 kids watching me.
When I go out it is often with another Mum who is at her house doing the same thing. We make sure everyone is happy and settled first. The house is clean, the jobs are done and we get big kisses goodbye.

Now I'm off to explain to the kids where Daddy is gone and finish the tidying. My husband is a fantastic Father, very hands on and loving but having a paid cleaner wouldn't upset the balance...hint hint ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment