Sunday, May 20, 2012

Peace and Quiet

Today I woke up to the usual happy screams, yells and giggles....then quiet.
Hubby took all 3 kids out for a few hours this morning for me to have a break. This hasn't happened in over 6 months. It serves a dual purpose though as he is supposed to be sorting out with his side of the family what help and support they can provide.
I have mentioned briefly that it really is just us, the 5 of us. No village here.
His family is one single brother and his parents. So when we need help even for the little things- it becomes hard.
The next week coming I have appointments stacked on appointments. 3 of Monday morning alone and it will make it very hard to get Miss A from kindy so just being able to organise with someone to pick her up would mean so much but we will see.... I won't hold my breath.

I have had amazing offers of support and a friendly ear from people that have only been in my life for a year or so. Friends and my husbands work colleagues have all offered to help.


If only family thought the same way.....

Here's hoping I can hold on to this sense of peace during the coming week as the end of this week really stressed me to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment