Thursday, November 20, 2014

Busy times ahead

I can't believe yet again it's been so long since I have blogged...
In the last few weeks we have:
Enrolled L in a nearby kindy
Started with a new au pair
Been to numerous social gatherings
Started intensive therapy for Miss A
Started basketball for Mr J


It feels like each day is going so quickly and with not enough time to do everything. School enrollment means new forms and paperwork for L. Miss A is changing from Early Intervention Services to School Aged Services which ridiculously means reapplying for a therapy spot. Plus A has started Speech and Physio sessions again plus transitioning from pre primary to Year 1. So in between filling in forms and looking at paperwork I have barely had the time to do the day to day stuff. It feels like this year is so close to being at an end and in reaity I don't want it to. I worry about how A will cope in a desk at Year 1. Will she keep up academically? Can the teachers meet her needs? Is L ready to start kindy? How will the school deal with meeting her needs? I feel like my mind is going round in cricles most days.


In between the worrying the appointments pile up and trying to fit daily life in is a struggle. Petra gave notice 2 weeks ago saying she wasn't coping and couldn't look after the 3 kids. So in the mad rush of those 2 weeks I still had our daily appts while starting the search for a new au pair. Then my mother in law went in for major surgery and Andrew has been busy splitting his time between us all while worrying about end of year reports for school.


I have been so lucky though to find a new au pair who was already in Perth and she literally started the day Petra left. Although I won't speak badly of Petra as we got along so well I don't think she was suited to being an au pair. Our new girl Nicole only started on Sunday and it has been a huge improvement. She has a natural affinity with kids and is happy to tough them and pick them up. She is affectionate and caring and on her first day she played with all 3. She never has to be asked to do anything and naturally goes with whatever the kids want. She creates activities, plays pretend and loves to be with them regardless of whether she is on the clock or not. she helps with housework and dishes and spends time with us at night. This is exactly what I needed and expected from having an au pair. Sadly she is only here until February when she is back to travelling....


For now we are swimming madly keeping our head above water and I can't wait for school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment