Monday, June 16, 2014

Bugs!

Well it seems whatever bug I had a while ago has hung around. It feels like the past 3 weeks have been spent with a blocked nose and blocked ears. On the weekend we had our first home open so I have spent the week doing jobs and getting ready while feeling like crap. Friday I am madly painting  and patching when the school calls to say J is sick. He had the same dreaded cough and even asked to go home which meant missing swimming lessons. Really though why do school swimming lessons in winter? So with J home sick we push on and keep going. Sunday I notice Miss L has bright red cheeks but nothing else going on. By that night she has green snot, a horrible cough and is vomiting. I have mentioned in the past that when she gets sick it is fast and brutul. This showed it....my poor baby couldn't keep anything down as she coughed too much.

Today she didn't want to get out of bed and I noticed Miss A had a cough as well. J was feeling better and back at school but Miss A barely lets a cough stop her. L had a temp of nearly 40 this morning which is her normal temp when sick. They haven't yet figured out why she gets so sick even when the other 2 get a milder version. Her immune system doesn't seem to cope as well and she can take weeks not days to recover. Tonight I took her to the Dr who wasn't our regular. She was a lovely lady who was so thorough and asked for L's history as well. She complimented me on how nicely L sat when her ears and chest was checked. I had to laugh and explain she has had it done so many times she knows what to do. Sad but true. She said it was hard to see in her tiny ears if they were infected but they were very waxy deep inside. Her vomiting is probably due to her loose muscles and Ehler-Danlos. Instead of swallowing it down after a cough with her it just all comes out. In the meantime we watch for ear infections and she is getting her tested for whooping cough.....

So tonight all 3 kids went to bed with Vicks on and L has the humidifier going too. As for me I'm thinking Vicks on the chest might help clear my nose....?

Let's hope this is the worst of the bugs for this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment