Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Therapy in unusual places

For Miss L we are working on a few things
-pointing
-grasping
-banging objects together
-holding two objects
-putting things in

So tonight while having a shower I noticed her holding the kids toothbrushes. She often tries to shift them into one hand so I put one in each hand. Then we banged them together. She loves it when I say bang bang. She knows what I want her to do. Then I got a cup and showed her how to put the toothbrushes into the cup. This is where she has a lot of difficulty and the Physio calls it ataxia. Her shakiness and coordination means she struggles to put thins where she wants. At least in the shower she was happy and distracted and she kept trying.
While playing today I saw one of her top molars has come in so she spent the rest of the time chewing hard on the end of the toothbrush! The that she had in the end was whole fisted but she could manoeuvre it how she wanted. All in all a good session even if in an unusual place.

No comments:

Post a Comment